1125 North Florida Avenue. Lakeland, FL.
Henley Field was established in 1923. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 23rd, 1997. Henley Field has a capacity of 1000 people. The stadium was the spring-training home of the Detroit Tigers dating back to before the World War II. After the 1965 season, The Detroit Tigers moved and moved their MLB spring training operations to Joker Marchant Stadium.
Henley Field has a main entrance portal flanked by ticket booths, like many stadiums built in its era. The original clubhouses are still under the grandstand, though the clubs use separate trailers today. Concessions are now sold from a separate building behind third base.
The seating has been replaced here over the years. As of 2002, fans sat on aluminum benches. The official scorer and his staff work from tables placed in the grandstand behind the plate.
The park has been lovingly maintained over the years, with both Florida Southern University and the Dreadnaughts of Lakeland High School utilizing the facility. The Dreadnaughts’ home football field is adjacent at Bryant Stadium.